Fatherhood Program For Men
Dads are encouraged to attend SUPR classes with the mother of their children. Most classes are led by ladies, so we have added a special class by dads for dads.
Our ManUp mentoring program encourages young fathers to learn from male mentors the great importance of fatherhood.
Classes focus on personal character-building (being the kind of man you want your kids to become) and relationships, as well as practical parenting.
Call 812-941-0872 to learn more.
What’s a Guy to do?
So she just told you the news – she thinks she might be pregnant. We can walk with you through the decision-making process, but in the meantime, here is some quick advice that might help:
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
- Talk about it – not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express yourself honestly – it’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Check out the Adoption and Parenting resources available. If you choose parenting, we have a program led by dads for dad.
- Call Choices Life Resource Center at 812-941-0872 (New Albany) or 812-572-4160 (Corydon) to schedule a free and confidential appointment (with or without her).
- Don’t bail. She needs you and you need to be a man. Running will only make the situation worse.
- Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don’t forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
CHOICES offers STD/STI screening and treatment for men and women in our New Albany office.
Testing is free, but client may be responsible for lab fees.