Fatherhood Program For Men Indiana
Choices Life Resource Center provides a Fatherhood Program, just for dads. This program is a special class by dads for dads. Dads are encouraged to attend Step Up Parenting Resource (SUPR) classes together with the mother of their children and/or on their own one-on-one with a fatherhood mentor.
SCHEDULE A FREE & CONFIDENTIAL APPOINTMENT
Classes focus on personal character-building (being the kind of man you want your kids to become) and relationships, as well as practical parenting.
What’s a Guy to do?
So she just told you the news – she thinks she might be pregnant. We can walk with you through the decision-making process, but in the meantime, here is some quick advice that might help:
- Confirm Pregnancy. The first thing to do is to find out for sure that she’s pregnant. We offer lab-grade pregnancy testing and confirmation at no cost to her.
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
- Talk about it. Talk not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express yourself honestly. It’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Check out the Adoption and Parenting resources available. If you choose parenting, we have a program led by dads for dad.
- Contact Choices Life Resource Center. Schedule a free and confidential appointment (with or without her).
- Don’t bail. She needs you and you need to be a man. Running will only make the situation worse.
- Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don’t forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.