If you have a positive pregnancy test, you have three choices to consider:
You may have more questions than answers about parenting or maybe the thought of becoming a parent seems impossible to you at this time. We’ve talked to hundreds of clients who are concerned about things like this:
- My husband or boyfriend doesn’t want the baby but I do
- (for men) My girlfriend doesn’t want the baby but I do
- I can’t tell my family
- How will I finish school?
- How will I continue working?
- Where will I live?
- I don’t have medical insurance
- I won’t be able to provide the things my child needs
- I’m too young to take care of a child
We can talk about all these issues with you so you can decide if parenting is right for you. If it is, we have a great deal of parenting resources available to help.
Today, a birth mom has lots of choices with adoption. Will it be open or closed? Will it be private or will you use an agency? You are in the driver’s seat when making an adoption plan and there are lots of things to consider if you:
- Don’t want an abortion but you are not ready to be a parent.
- Want to provide your child with two parents ready emotionally and financially to care for your child.
- Want to know you didn’t “give your child up” – you gave them better
In today’s adoptions, you can know your child and be a part of your child’s life. You can have the peace of knowing your child is loved and cared for by the couple you choose.
We can help you understand your options with adoption and, if you choose, refer you to a reputable agency or attorney.
If you’re thinking about finding an abortion clinic, it is important to remember that abortion is a medical procedure. What type will you have? Are there risks? You deserve to know the facts. You owe it to yourself to make an informed decision.
Perhaps you’re thinking:
- The father of the baby or my parents are insisting on an abortion
- I’m not ready to be a parent
- I feel so alone and I can’t tell anyone I’m pregnant
You are not alone. Many of our trained volunteers have been faced with the same situation. When considering abortion, you need to know:
- Are you really pregnant?
- Is your pregnancy normal? Or are you at risk for natural miscarriage? Or do you have a tubal pregnancy requiring immediate medical attention?
- How far along are you?
You may also be interested in knowing:
- What are the types of abortion available to you?
- What are your rights with abortion providers?
- Are there any short-term or long-term risks to consider?
We walk you through the decision-making process regarding your pregnancy, discuss your health and explain your options.
NOTE: CLRC does not perform or refer for abortions, abortifacient drugs or contraception.